AutoSock Snow Sock Tire Traction Device
Autosock Snow Sock
Anyone who lives in an area where winters see heavy snowfall can tell you that there's nothing more inconvenient than getting stuck on snowy roads. Luckily, snow grips for tires are one of the best and most cost-effective ways to make sure you get where you need to be, no matter the weather. Iowa 80 carries the premiere snow grip sock on the market, the.... More...
Autosock Snow Sock
Anyone who lives in an area where winters see heavy snowfall can tell you that there's nothing more inconvenient than getting stuck on snowy roads. Luckily, snow grips for tires are one of the best and most cost-effective ways to make sure you get where you need to be, no matter the weather. Iowa 80 carries the premiere snow grip sock on the market, the Autosock. Designed to be equipped quickly and easily by just one person, fine fibers on the sock improve traction by getting rid of the film of water that can form between your tires and the surface of the road. No more bulky chains taking up space in your trunk or cabin, and no more finagling with fasteners — just slide the reusable, washable Autosock onto your tires and go!
Over 70 Sizes To Choose From
It's important to make sure your Autosock fits your tires snugly. Luckily, with over 70 sizes in stock at Iowa 80, you're almost guaranteed to find the Autosock size you're looking for. Are you driving a front-wheel drive sedan and need just that little bit of extra grip? Iowa 80 has the right size of Autosock. Are you driving a 4-wheel drive pickup and need to get a heavy load up a snowy hill? We have the right size of Autosock for that, too. We even have the right size of Autosock if you're driving a two-door electric or hybrid smart car.
What Do the Reviews Say?
If you're still skeptical, take a look at some of these Autosock reviews:
"The AutoSock 'tire socks' significantly improved snow traction, shortening the distance (required to reach 20mph) to 58 feet" - Traction News
"If you need temporary traction to get out of a slick-wintry spot once in a while, then this product makes sense as part of a winter emergency kit in the trunk" - Consumer Reports
When you're ready to stop dreading snowfall and to start traversing winter terrain with ease, check out our wide selection of Autosock sizes to find the right fit for your ride.
Choose tire size from drop down menu.
Sold as a pair; two socks per package. A tandem axle semi truck usually requires two pair.
- A perfect temporary winter aid for trucks
- Approved for speeds of 20 MPH or less
- Not for use on dry pavement
- Do not spin wheels while using AutoSock as they will shred
- Quick and easy to fit and remove; about 2 minutes per wheel
- Proven to work well with trucks' electonic safety systems
- Easy to store
NOTE: AutoSocks are not returnable.
How to Install Tire Socks:
1. Park the vehicle and engage the handbrake. The vehicle should not be on a slope during fitting.
2. AutoSock should then be fitted to the wheels, over the tires. Use the accompanying gloves, and begin mounting from the top of the tire and stretch downwards.
3. Stretch the elastic band over the top of the tire, so that the band is on the inner side of the tire. Then pull the crossing strap in order to adjust the AutoSock into correct position; as far down as possible until the front panel becomes centered.
4. Once in the proper position, with only the lower part not over the tire, move the vehicle approximately 3ft. forward or backward and pull the remainder of the AutoSock into position. The AutoSock will automatically self-center when you start driving.