Items 37-48 of 154
- Air Valve LeverItem: 35812$101.99
- Train Horn Install Kit for 1 or 2 TrumpetsItem: 368235$104.99
- Stainless Steel Diaphragm for Train HornItem: 35191$3.99
- Animal Sound and Siren Electric HornItem: 45313$73.99
- Spring for Train HornItem: 40027$2.45
- Musical Juke Box HornItem: 37913$57.99
- Electric Solenoid Valve for Chrome Train HornsItem: 27930$23.99
- Blue/White Air Horn Pull Braided CordItem: 388427$19.99
- Red/Black Air Horn Pull Braided CordItem: 388422$19.99
- 6 1/4" - 7" Chrome Plated Horn CoverItem: 29486$11.99
- Chrome Rectangle Horn CoverItem: 28231$14.99
- Chrome Ultrasonic Animal AlertItem: 28943$9.99
Items 37-48 of 154
Air Horns for Semi Trucks and Accessories
Semi Truck Air Horns and Accessories at Iowa 80
There’s nothing quite like seeing a small child traveling next to you signal to blow your horn. While that may easily put a smile on your face, having a properly working semi air horn is essential for safety purposes and signaling. Whether your existing one is sounding flat or you are ready to put out a little more power to stand at, count on Iowa 80 to have an array of horns and air horn accessories to fit your needs.
At the basic level, air horns force pressurized air to vibrate a compression chamber diaphragm. Since it always contains pressure, the horn can be immediately sounded. For newer models that may not have airbrake systems, there are semi truck air horn kits that include a built-in compressor. The customization portion comes from the type of horn pieces, often referred to as trumpets. Each style may produce a different pitch and volume level. In most cases, the longer the trumpet, the lower the sound. Some kits include different sizes of trumpets to create a unique chorus of sounds. Whether you are going for the sound of train horns, are more interested in adding more chrome to your rig or want to stand out with a five-trumpet blazing red horn, Iowa 80 strives to make finding what you want easy. Along with narrowing the search by accessory type, such as replacement parts or kits, you can also whittle your choices down to fit your specific budget. Since sound is the most vital part of the purchase, clicking on a specific trumpet provides an option to hear how it sounds.
No matter which semi truck air horn is the perfect one for you, they are designed for easy installation. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s specific installation guidelines. In most cases, the process involves only a handful of steps. The first is choosing the right place to mount the horns, which includes angling them slightly down to avoid moisture retention. Next, the horns will need to be mounted, as well as the compressor if the kit comes with one. From there, test the horn with a multimeter and ensure it hits 12 volts when pressing the horn. After connecting the wires as directed, conduct a final test and inspection.